The Client: Florence 1 Schools
Florence 1 Schools is located in the heart of South Carolina’s Pee Dee Region. It serves 16,000 students and is the 15th largest school district in South Carolina.
Unite all 23 schools into a single, all-in-one system to efficiently manage inventory, help desk tickets, students, staff, and more.
Florence 1 Schools was preparing for an upcoming 1:1 fleet rollout. After assessing their internal needs, the school district administration came up with the following challenges that required immediate attention:
Schools were disconnected from each other.
Over the years, each school had separately come up with its own system for managing assets and inventory; several schools in the district had adopted multiple systems to meet those needs. This posed a challenge for the district administration to be able to view device usage across all schools and plan for upcoming maintenance and replacement programs.
Outdated, manual methods of inventory management needed to be replaced and modernized.
Schools had become accustomed to using outdated inventory management methods like manual check-ins and check-outs and messy, complicated excel spreadsheets (when they weren’t using pen and paper).
These processes put serious strain on the staff and were highly ineffective for tracking missing devices and collecting trends on device usage. Without this information, school district administration was unable to accurately assess the needs of each school, strategically expand their inventory, extend device lifespan, and improve overall maintenance practices among staff and students.
Time was of the essence.
Florence 1 Schools was looking for a new system that would be easy to adopt and use. With big plans for the upcoming 1:1 fleet rollout, Florence 1 Schools needed a technology solution that was designed specifically for K-12 schools and a reliable partner that would address their needs.
The absence of centralized inventory and data collection made it difficult for district school administration to see the big picture and strategically plan new device rollouts.
Florence 1 needed to generate statistics of overall usage habits by user groups, devices that were most frequently damaged by certain grades, and other key insights.
The Solution: Florence 1 Partners with One to One Plus to Adopt Their New Technology Management System
In January 2017, Florence 1 Schools partnered with One to One Plus to modernize its school technology management system and tackle the existing challenges.
- One to One Plus is an all-in-one, integrated technology system that connects all 23 Florence 1 schools and their inventories. The dashboard allows district administration to access all key insights from a single place.
- Florence 1 created a centralized repository with One to One Plus. The repository can be searched and managed anywhere, anytime, by anyone that has the appropriate access credentials.
- Since One to One Plus software is designed specifically for K-12 schools and their needs, it’s highly intuitive and easy to learn for the school staff. Each new Florence 1 staff member required only 20-30 minutes of training to start using the system.
- All relevant parameters were pre-set before system deployment so that the school district can generate important statistics in the future.
- All initial planning and questions were quickly resolved with the help of the dedicated customer support team at One to One Plus.
Florence 1 Schools now operates with a modern technology management system and is able to regularly improve its inventory maintenance processes.
Asset and inventory management in Florence 1 School District has become exceedingly well organized.
By modernizing its school technology, Florence 1 was able to not only overcome its existing challenges but also expand its inventory system to new device types.
“At One to One Plus, we have enjoyed working side by side with the Florence 1 Schools technology team, media specialist, and others in the deployment and support of the software. Our partnership has grown from planning and deploying an initial 1:1 program to now managing all technology assets and help desk functions. Florence 1 Schools is a progressive district technologically and a great partner to our team and company.”
– Burt Lancaster. Founder/CEO, One to One Plus
About One to One Plus
Built exclusively to serve K-12 school systems, One to One Plus helps school systems of all sizes across the United States simplify, integrate and streamline asset, 1:1, inventory, and work order management processes.
To learn more about One to One Plus software and how it can help you overcome the challenges at your K-12 school, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us online.
It’s an all-in-one integrated solution with an extensive list of features, including:
- Asset Management
- Asset Assignment
- Student, Staff, and Location Profiles
- Inventory Management
- Help Desk Management
- And much more